The past couple of weeks have been super busy on Beacon Hill. Here are a few of the highlights:
- House voted to support H4075 to support improved financial stability in higher education. This is in response to the 18 institutions in the Commonwealth which closed or merged with others during that past five years and the projected long-term demographic trends for college-age students.
- Joined New Bedford officials to celebrate receiving a substantial federal grant to support Addiction and Recovery work. New Bedford was chosen for the grant in large part because it has demonstrated commitment and progress in the battle against substance use disorders.
- Attended several Joint Committee meetings on Veterans and Federal Affairs as well as Judiciary to hear testimony on over 100 proposed bills.
- Nominated Adrian Ventura, Exec. Director of Centro Communitario de Trabajadores, for the Latinx Excellence on the Hill Award, presented by the MA Black and Latino Legislative Caucus.
- Joined New Bedford delegation in welcoming Cape Verde Mayors, The Hon. Dr. Clement Garcia and The Hon. Dr. Julio Lopes, to the State House.
- Attended the Law Enforcement Memorial Service who honored all who have fallen in the service of the Commonwealth, including Officer Moody and Sgts. Gannon and Chesna.